Thursday, August 18, 2011

Second Grade!

Yesterday was Rylee's first day of 2nd grade!  When I picked her up, she had a huge smile on her face and told me what a great day she had!  She said she really liked her teacher, so that made me happy!  I can't believe that my baby girl is growing up so fast!  Time sure does fly!!!  It seems like just yesterday that I was dropping her off at her first day of PreK!  I went back and found her first day pictures from Kindergarten and 1st grade.  Apprantly, we had not entered the digital age when she was in PreK, and I don't have a scanner at the moment, so the last two years will have to do!  I look at the pictures and can't believe how much she has grown, especially since the Kindergarten picture!
 
 Kindergarten
 Mrs. Julie
 1st Grade
Mrs. King
2nd Grade
Ms. Cassie

We have been blessed with WONDERFUL teachers since PreK, and I am thankful that we live in a town with great school districts!  I have no doubt that we will have another great year!  I whisper a prayer each morning as she steps out of the car that she is protected (emotionally, physically, and spiritually) and that she is an example to her peers.  It's a very short prayer, but the Lord hears me!  I never know what awaits her as she walks through the front door of the school, but HE does!  Knowing that makes it MUCH easier to drop her off every day!  I leave the campus every morning trusting that the Lord WILL protect her!

   She and I talk almost everyday on the way to school about how she should treat her peers.  I explain to her that we have no idea what some of her peers have been through the night/morning before school, and that a simple smile, a "hello", or an invitation to play can make them feel much better!  I am so thankful that she seems to be developing a  compassionate heart , and I can only pray that quality will remain in her as she grows! 
Rylee, I hope you have a FANTASTIC year!!!
I LOVE YOU, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment