Thursday, July 30, 2009

Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed.....

After getting into a very bad habit of not attending church ALL summer long on Wednesday nights, I finally went last night. I have gotten into a terrible habit of smiling and waving as I send Jason off to church on Wednesdays with children in hand. I don't know what started the bad habit, but I have to think that it had something to do with the fact that on one particular occasion, I stayed home ("just this once", I believe were my actual words) and was able to tidy up the house a little bit while not having a child use the dishwasher door as his very own miniature trampoline while I loaded and reloaded the dishwasher. On a side note: It is always so lovely when that same child is done with his intense dishwasher aerobic routine and proceeds to walk around the kitchen with his wet, grocery store feet,(yes...my floors resemble a grocery store at times) leaving signs of exactly what area of the kitchen he has been in........Oh the innocence! He has no idea of the mess he is making.....all he knows is that he is having a fantastic time! Anyway....that "just one time" turned into a lot of times and I am ready to get back in the routine of going to midweek services. We had a meeting tonight to talk about the new AWANA program that our church will be starting in just about three weeks. I have been really excited about having this program offered, especially since Rylee is old enough to participate and will be able to memorize scripture on a weekly basis. She has showed a really big hunger over the past couple of months for the Word. I plan on doing a post on things she has been doing and saying lately that are reminding me how important it is to plant those seeds at such an early age. She did something that brought me to tears yesterday, but for the sake of time today, I will tell you about that later. I won't be teaching her class. I asked for the older ones this time, so I will be with the 4th grade girls.

Still no camera, but by golly, I HAVE to have one working by tomorrow, because I am taking a trip to see my nieces be dedicated on Sunday. Plus, I have to get a picture with Rylee and her big news she got in the mail a couple of days ago. Having no camera is no fun:(

No comments:

Post a Comment