Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh the Similarities.......

What is the rule on how many days it takes to create a habit? Is it 21 days? If that is the case, I am 19 days away from being a habitual blogger ;)!

So...I am on day two and as I mentioned last night, neither of my cameras are in working order. Maybe tomorrow. I hate not having a camera! It drives me crazy not being able to catch every little thing that goes on around here! I have been using my phone, but it's just not the same! I was trying to come up with what pictures to post tonight (the Fourth/Dad's Birthday will have to wait until tomorrow). I started looking through all of my pictures, and before long (as usual) I started to get carried away with comparing Brock's looks to Rylee's when she was his age. So..I thought, "What better way to feed my obsession with their similarities than to try to post older pictures once a week of my kids at the same age/stage in life?" It is funny, because the ages that they are now (5 and 19 months), I see hardly any similarities. But as Brock hits different ages, he reminds me SO much of Rylee at that age. I literally find pictures of Rylee sometimes(when she didn't have a bow in her hair) and have to stop and think about which one of my children it is! So..I will let you be the judge. I am gonna try to do this every Tuesday, so we will see how that works out! I am starting from the VERY beginning, so it will give me something to do at least once a week for probably the REST OF MY LIFE!!! We were told the day before Rylee was born that she needed to be born pretty much as soon as possible. I was 37 weeks, and was NOT prepared at all. I didn't feel well during my first pregnancy and had MASSIVE swelling and terrible blood pressure problems, so this picture is not very glamorous!! Plus, being my firstborn, I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockingchairs!!! I was just ready to get it over with at that point!
Three and a half years later, I was MUCH more relaxed! I felt incredible during my second pregnancy, despite the fact that I suffered, once again, with pregnancy-induced hypertension. I carried Brock to term and left the morning of my scheduled c-section with makeup on and my SHOES TIED!!!!

Rylee Beth weighed 7lbs. 4oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long.


Brock Wilson weighed 8lbs. 3oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. My doctor told me the day before during an ultrasound that we would be lucky if Brock was 6 lbs. due to all of my blood pressure problems!!!! He was shocked when he saw how big Brock was!



This is Rylee at 1 week old. She was still a little yellow from the jaundice that sent us to the hospital two separate times, but she snapped out of it pretty quickly.


Brock at 1 week old. Seeing any similarities yet?





I know this picture is SO random, but in honor of my husband, I decided to post what he thinks is a MUCH better picture of him than the one I posted last night:). He read my blog this morning when he got to work and responded to me by texting me that he felt like it was just a TERRIBLE picture and that he looked like he had a buckethead(whatever that is). I assured him that I thought it was a great picture of him, but he failed to agree. So....I ran this picture by him before I posted it and he seemed pleased:) So.....ladies and well, probably ladies, I proudly present my extremely handsome husband.....third from the left with the beard thingy! I do love this picture. I always have. It was a couple of years ago, actually. But, I just love that these men seemed so relaxed and were having such a great time after a long week of work.
I must be hitting the sack. Beth Moore comes on at 7:30 in the morning, and I am gonna try to catch it before the kiddos are up and running around! We shall see!





1 comment:

  1. You are doing an awesome job on this blogging thing!!! I've always tried to tell you that you are great at writing and wording things so what better way than to tell your beautiful families story! Plus this is one step closer to your own sitcom!! Anyway I look forward to reading and learning from your blog everyday. You have made a major impact on my life and I thank you for that.
    Kisha

    ReplyDelete