Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh, The Joys of a New Vocabulary........

It has always amazed me how we are made to learn a language in such a short amount of time. I mean, within the first two years of life, we are beginning to put words together to form sentences and hold conversations with other people. We are experiencing this with Brock right now. It's amazing to see all of the new words and phrases that he comes up with on a daily basis. Some are hilariously funny, some are not understandable, and some are just the normal conversation phrases.

One of the things that is so funny to watch is how Brock is learning to "label" certain things. Right now, we are in the process of trying to teach him the proper way to let us know that he has "tooted", "heard a barking spider", "stepped on a frog"....you get my drift. *Sidenote*-I've never understood why kids feel the need to announce it anyway. Do they not think we can hear? *Sidenote Over* Anyway, Jason and I have been trying to successfully teach him a more acceptable word as opposed to the more commonly, slightly inappropriate word that is typically used. So you can imagine our surprise and uncontrollable laughter when Brock disappeared underneath the table at the restaurant last night and shortly emerged announcing very confidently and VERY loudly:
"MOMMY, DADDY.......I PAWTED!"
I was just glad that is F's have not completely developed yet:-)
Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! I love it! Interestingly enough, we're working on the polite "toot" word too. Since she was a baby, we've said she was "popping" and it has stuck. I think I like it that way...its kind of a code word. However, we are trying to get her to excuse herself when she 'pops'...but Lord knows...2 year olds never cease to amaze me with their language skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by on my blog! I love this post... my three year old just said to me, "Mommy, I fawted-ed" (Mommy, I farted) out of the blue. I think he was proud of himself :).

    Your blog is so cute. I'll be sticking around!

    ReplyDelete