Friday, March 4, 2011

WATCH D.O.G. Dad

Yesterday was the day that Rylee has waited for all year long! Her school does the WATCH D.O.G. program, which is a program where the student's daddy signs up to volunteer at the school at least one day during the school year.  They do different things to help the teachers out during the day and just hang out with their child throughout the day.  It's a really neat program.  Jason painted a cardboard doghouse that Rylee's class is going to use in a program in a few weeks.  Other than that, he just hung out with her all day!  She was so excited, and has talked about this day for a LONG time!  She was not happy yesterday after school, because the day was already over!  Yesterday was also Jason's birthday, so Rylee made him go to the office and get a Birthday Ribbon and a pencil!  LOL!  She was one happy little girl!
It just so happened that I was at the school all day yesterday, too!  I spent yesterday and today observing one of the classrooms for one of my classes at ASU.  Since I was up there, I ate lunch with Rylee and Jason and also went out for recess with them before returning to my observation!

Alexis, Rylee, and Jaiden
These three are part of a group of about 6 or 7 that play some kind of Mario game EVERY day at recess.  I am always wondering what Rylee is talking about when she tells me that they played Mario at recess.  I got to see it in action yesterday!  Back in my day, we called it "run around the playground and chase each other". HA!HA!  They are so stinkin' cute!
"Sweetness"

No comments:

Post a Comment