Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SUMMER!!!!!

 Alright, alright.....let's just get this out in the open.  I am fully aware that I have not updated this blog since August of last year.  My life turned out to be a crazy, chaotic storm just after school started in the fall and I really had no time to blog.  However, I am fully regretting not blogging now because blogging holds me accountable to journal about what's going on and to take pictures.  I have been absolutely horrible at taking pictures over the last nine months.  So...I am going to TRY to do better.  We shall see.  There are so many things that have happened since August, but for the sake of time, I am just gonna pick up where we are right now in our lives!  Otherwise, I would be here for DAYS going through everything:)

So, summer is officially here!  Rylee's last day of school was last Wednesday and summer has gotten off to a great start so far.  Jason was off of work on Friday and Monday due to Memorial Day and we hung out at home most of the weekend.  Rylee turned EIGHT on Friday(more on that later) and she had her first of many summer swim meets on Saturday!  I took zero pictures (remember...I am out of picture taking practice!)  Anyway--that's pretty much the only thing we did this weekend!!  I got a little jealous of the pictures I was seeing on Facebook of everybody at the lake and the beach, but I finally decided that those folks would be SUPER jealous of me if they knew that I was at home digging into a mound of laundry, so that helped a little;)

On Sunday Stacey came to visit since she was in from Florida.  Stacey and I became friends when I was in the 8th Grade and she was in the 9th, and we've been like sisters ever since.   I love her visits and now I love them even more since she brings a little extra someone with her these days!!!  Her baby, Estella, is THE MOST ADORABLE BABY!!!!  I could just eat her up! 
Stella looks scared to death (as she should be) in this picture. 

This is the best I could get, but this is real life, people! 
I love how Brock is posing.  So serious.  And, Stella still looks scared to death.  Again...as she should be.  I'm sure she is used to a calm environment.  We don't really have one of those here;)

Today has just been a lazy day.  Rylee had swim practice this morning and after a quick trip to the store, we headed home for a quiet day.  After the kids rested for a while, we played Sorry and then Brock decided that he wanted to play Lollipop Land (CandyLand) with Rylee.  I'm not sure who won, but since Rylee was the rulemaker, I would bet that she made sure it was her.  She gets it honest.  Just ask my sister.  She loves playing games with me.  Right, Leah?

No comments:

Post a Comment