Monday, October 5, 2009

Halloween Through the Years.....

In honor of my 2nd favorite holiday and because I am waiting on my film to be developed of current things we have done around here (i know....so old school. I'm still hoping for that camera for Christmas!), I thought I would take a walk down memory lane. I pulled out some pictures of Halloween from the past five years and thought I would share them with you! By the way....I am aware that I have two of the same picture on here, but it is too much trouble to try to delete one at this point...so I am just going to leave it!
Rylee's first Halloween was in October 2004. She was 5 months old. We dressed her up like a girl from the 50's. My mom actually made the skirt and we just ironed a little "R" on her shirt. We had a lot of fun with this costume! Our very own little Dorothy.
October 2005
17 Months old

Kitty Cat
October 2006- 2 1/2 years old This was a completely last minute, homemade costume! I knew I wanted her to be a kitty cat, but couldn't find the perfect one anywhere! So, my sister and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning hot gluing and putting this costume together. I don't have a picture of her bag on here, but it had all these orange feathers glued on it. It was really cute, but by the time we were done decorating it, it seriously looked like an orange bird had exploded in Leah's apartment! HA! She says that she still finds orange feathers to this day! (By the way, she doesn't even live at the same place anymore, so it has been a big joke that there were so many feathers that they followed her to her new home!)

October 2007-Pumpkin Fairy-3 1/2 years old

I think the pumpkin fairy has been my favorite so far! She just looked like a little doll in it!

October 2008- Alabama Cheerleader- 4 1/2 years old

For those of you who may not know.......I married a huge Alabama fan! He has pretty much converted me, although I like to tease him quite often by running around the house hollering, "Pig Sooie". He doesn't like that too much! So...just to clear any confusion up-when you see Jason or I wearing a sports related shirt with an "A" on it-it's not the Arkansas "A"....sorry, Dad! Anyway...more on that subject in another post! Last year, Rylee wanted to be a cheerleader, so Jason's mom picked up this little uniform when she was visiting family in Alabama. We decided that it would be cute to coordinate our kids' costumes while they are still young enough to let us! So.............

Brock was Big Al-the Alabama mascot! Last year was his first Halloween. He was almost 11 months old. We had a lot of fun last year with the "Alabama" theme! I think this is the only picture that I got of the two of them together! Our costumes for this year are being finalized and I can't wait to share! Have a great day!












2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them this year! You are so creative! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the cute little costumes...my favorite is the first year for Rylee Beth! All because of those chunky little legs! I could just pinch 'em! lol...I really like the pumpkin fairy though. Did you make it? Its gorgeous. However, I'm NOT EVEN gonna touch the Alabama thing. >:0I I'm ready to see what they're gonna be this year.

    ReplyDelete