Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day....2011!

*There are 3 new posts today, so scroll down for our Weekend Wrap-Up!*

It's that time of year again!  The time of year that I become obsessed with making a Valentine box!  You can read about my obsession in this post!  Rylee and I had a Girl's Night Out last week and went to Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A!  We spent most of our time talking about and picking out decorations for this year's box!  She is REALLY into the peace sign thing right now, so she decided that would be her theme!  Here is our finished product!  I'm already thinking about next year's box!  I KID! I KID!  Haha! 

She was all ready for her party yesterday! 

Rylee's teacher, Mrs. King, is FABULOUS!!  We have been so pleased this year!  It was a true blessing that Rylee was placed in her room!

Mrs. King had the room and tables decorated so cute!  Each child went home with a frog balloon!!
Rylee checking out all the goods that she received from her classmates!
 I'm pretty sure that Brock thinks he is part of the class!  Haha!

The kids voted on one another for different things! Rylee won Best Reader, and her box won Most Groovy!  Each child and their box received a title!  Mrs. King always makes the kids feel so special!

Jett attended the party too, but he slept through the whole thing!  He has been such a good boy lately!  He's still pretty much convinced that he is the only child, though!  He's a demanding little thing, but SO stinkin' precious!!

Jason and I had a pretty low-key Valentine's Day!  We spent the night watching The Bachelor and folding the HUGE pile of laundry that had managed to get washed and dried over the weekend, but never folded and put up!  I know how The Bachelor ends, but I still love watching it!  We sit and make fun of it!  It has become quite the comedy to us!!  I will say that I bought a sewing machine as my Valentine gift on Friday!  I used it to make Rylee's dress in the above pictures!  I still need LOTS of work, but it was so fun to be able to create and make something myself!  The jury is still out on what Jason is going to buy for his gift.... (yes, we buy our own gifts.  It's easier that way)!

No comments:

Post a Comment