Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let's Go To The Movies!

Thursday night, after two days out of school for the snow and after getting everyone all tucked in, I began gathering up all of the things that Rylee would need for school on Friday.  I signed papers, got her backpack loaded with her reading homework, and all the other 55,000 things that have to be done before you drop your kid off at school the following day!  I happened to sign in on my Facebook account (which I need to take a break from, because I am becoming mildly obsessed with other people's business).  Why is that?  Am I the only one becoming addicted?  Anyway-when I signed on, I noticed that all these people were commenting on school being out Friday!!  My kid's school!!  I panicked!  Seriously!  I nearly cried!!  I could not handle ONE MORE DAY being locked in a house with two fighting children who wouldn't go outside to play, because there was no snow on the ground!!  Rylee informed me that it was too cold to go out and play.  I said, "But you went out the other day and played in the snow and it was freezing!"  According to her, it's just not the same when it is cold and there is no snow.  All of our snow had melted by Thursday (which is why I never dreamed school would be closed Friday).  I think some of the back roads were still a little slick, so the district decided to play it safe.  Anyway,  we basically had a wet grass/mud day, and I was not about to spend it in the house!  Don't get me wrong....I LOVE snow days...the first two.  After that...I am done with snow for the year and don't want to see it again for a while!  By the end of last week, I was bonkers!  So...my plans for Friday were to get the kids out of the house and keep them entertained!  It just so happened that Gnomeo and Juliet came out on Friday, so after arranging for my mom to keep Jett, it was off to the movies we went!  We invited Mattie to go too!

The snack line at the movie theater was backed up all the way to the entrance, and I was afraid we would miss the beginning of the movie! (They only had one concession worker.  Apparently, the movie theater employees didn't think that school would be out either, so I was not alone) I promised the kids a treat afterwards since we didn't get anything at the movie!  We settled on Chick-Fil-A.  This picture was taken about two seconds before Mattie's ice cream fell off her cone and into the floor!!  Rylee shared some of hers, so all was well!

I had to take a picture of this, because Rylee informed me that the only thing that she really doesn't like about Chick-Fil-A is that their cows don't know how to spell!  She said she knows they are cows, but it just really bugs her that they can't spell things right!  LOL!!

It's a rule that you can't leave Chick-Fil-A without playing in the play area........


.......or a balloon!
We ended up having a really fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment